Hospice Care Quick Facts
- Hospice provides medical, emotional and spiritual care and support - focusing on comfort and quality of life.
- Hospice serves anyone facing the end of life, regardless of age or illness.
- Hospice treats pain and manages symptoms while allowing most patients to remain at home.
- Hospice patients and families can receive care for six months or longer, and the greatest benefits are gained by being in hospice care for more than just a few days or weeks.
- A person may keep his or her own doctor involved while they receive hospice care.
- No one is denied care due to lack of insurance at Hope Hospice.